Awkward At The Office (Workplace Harassment) – Employee Edition
Reducing Sexual and Workplace Harassment
Teachers : Jacki Flynn, Rebecca Heiss, & Jeremy Pickens
NOW Compliant with local requirements in IL, CA, CT, DE, ME, NY, and NYC
NOT ANOTHER SEXUAL HARASSMENT COURSE!
We’ve all sat through a mind-numbingly boring sexual harassment course. The material is important and necessary, yet it’s hard to make engaging. This course is different!
First, it focuses not just on reducing harassment, but on creating a positive work environment in which everyone feels safe and supported. Second, it follows the story of an office team facing harassment issues as they learn how their words can impact those around them, and how to treat each other with respect. Third, it includes interactive assessments that challenge the student to think through scenarios and what constitutes appropriate workplace behavior.
In a series of vignettes mixed with instruction, students will meet Adeela, Jason, Lisa, and Michael as they deal with both the major and minor effects of workplace harassment, and demonstrate real world responses to situations ranging from inappropriate comments to gender and racial differences. We’ll see how workplace harassment affects not just the people involved, but the productivity of the company as a whole.
Workplace harassment destroys trust, creates tension, saps productivity, and can lead to legal action as well. In between vignettes our experts Jacki Flynn, Rebecca Heiss, and Jeremy Pickens will teach how to identify, resolve, and report workplace harassment. By the end of this course, students will be able to describe their rights and responsibilities related to workplace harassment, and feel empowered to be part of a positive change in their organization.
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of sexual harassment in the workplace and its impacts on the workplace
- List examples of behavior that may be considered sexual harassment as well as examples of positive behaviors that can help limit harassing situations
- Discuss the legal implications of sexual harassment and the employer’s legal responsibilities
- Describe your federal protections through the EEOC and available remediation options
- Define retaliation and describe your rights when it comes to protected behavior
- Describe your responsibility as an employee and how you can use common sense to contribute to a positive work environment
- Describe three approaches to bystander intervention and list specific ways you can help reduce harassment at your workplace
- Describe strategies for constructively addressing conflict and building positive relationships at work
Course includes 80 minutes of high-quality HD content plus a handout, optional knowledge checks, and optional post-training knowledge boosters.
What You'll Learn
01: Introduction (2:09)
02: Understanding Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (10:27)
03: The “What” and “How” of Sexual Harassment (7:00)
04: Interactive Assessment #1 (2:07)
05: Sexual Harassment and the Law (7:38)
06: Knowing Your Rights (4:52)
07: Understanding Retaliation (3:57)
08: Knowing Your Responsibility (5:37)
09: Understanding Bystander Intervention (4:29)
10: Interactive Assessment #2 (5:00)
11: Recognizing Other Forms of Harassment (8:22)
12: Creating a Positive Work Environment (6:40)
13: Interactive Assessment #3 (3:45)
14: Course Conclusion (0:52)
15: Grin and Bear It (7:08)
Lessons : 15
Seat Time : 95 Minutes
Produced by : Bigger Brains