Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
Awkward At The Office (Workplace Harassment) – Employee Edition
Reducing Sexual and Workplace Harassment
Teachers : Jacki Flynn & Jeremy Pickens
NOT ANOTHER SEXUAL HARASSMENT COURSE!
Sexual and Workplace Harassment training is a pervasive problem in the business world. Employers are forced to offer – and employees are forced to sit through – training sessions that are important and necessary and yet also mind-numbingly boring.
This course is different! Built by a team of millennials, using the latest research on engaging course design as well as professional videography and content, Awkward at the Office uses a combination of story vignettes, motion graphics, and Bigger Brains’ award-winning Teacher/Learner style.
In 18 vignettes across 6 video Lessons, students will follow the stories of Adeela, Jason, Lisa, and Michael as they deal with both the major and minor effects of workplace harassment, and demonstrate real world responses to situations ranging from inappropriate comments to gender and racial differences to full quid pro quo sexual harassment. We’ll see how workplace harassment affects not just the people involved, but the productivity of the company as a whole.
Workplace harassment might be sexual, or based on cultural or other differences, but the effects are the same: it destroys trust, creates tension, saps productivity, and can lead to legal action as well. In between vignettes our experts Jacki Flynn and Jeremy Pickens will teach how to identify, resolve, and report workplace harassment.
Objectives – You will be able to:
- List the harm caused by sexual harassment to the individual and to the company
- Explain the prevalence of sexual harassment in the workplace, and that any gender can be the harasser or the harassed
- Discuss how stereotypes play into most people’s incorrect concept of who commits sexual harassment and who experiences it
- Identify what behaviors might be construed as sexual harassment
- Explain the elements of an interaction between two people that might cause it to be defined as harassment
- Identify appropriate behaviors that are not sexual harassment
- Summarize legal guidelines related to sexual harassment
- Define vicarious employer liability
- Compare sexual harassment and sexual discrimination
- Know examples of employee responsibility for reporting harassment of others
- Explain the benefits of utilizing common sense beyond what is outlined in a policy
- Identify other forms of harassment
- Explain the impact all harassment has on the work environment
- Discuss the legal ramifications to companies with harassment issues
- Address unwelcome behavior and create a positive, supportive workplace
- Explain the benefits of creating a positive work environment that goes beyond anti-harassment
- Identify appropriate methods for stopping unwelcome behavior and addressing conflict
Course includes 60+ minutes of high quality HD content in the “Uniquely Engaging” TM Bigger Brains Teacher/Learner style, plus a handout and optional assessments and post-training knowledge boosters.
What You'll Learn
01: Understanding Harassment in the Workplace (11:04)
02: The What and How of Sexual Harassment (7:11)
03: Sexual Harassment and the Law (7:52)
04: Your Responsibility as an Employee (5:45)
05: Other Forms of Harassment (8:15)
06: Creating a Positive Work Environment (7:01)
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Also available from these partners:
Lessons : 6
Seat Time : 45 Minutes + 15 Minutes of Assessments
Versions Available : Standard HD SCORM, MP4, reseller HTML, Vimeo embed
Produced by : Bigger Brains
Sample Course Video