Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
The Biology of Diversity and Ethics
Objectives – You will be able to:
– Recognize the three types of blind spots
– Analyze how the brain operates maladaptively in the modern world
– Apply strategy to neutralize your flight or fight response associated with blind spots
– Create an Awareness, Action, Adaptation plan for overcoming blind spots
Is Your Biology Working Against You?
This course will help you understand how our minds create blind spots and subconscious bias, and teach you how to evaluate the subconscious drivers that lead to ethical breakdowns.
By understanding the science behind our subconscious bias, you will be better able to adjust and overcome your blind spots to thrive in business.
After taking this course, the learner will be able to apply their knowledge of blind spots in two important areas of business:
What You'll Learn
In this course you will learn:
- Understand of the roots of subconscious bias
- Evaluate the relative importance of equity in the workplace
- Analyze fears associated with people of diverse backgrounds
- Recognize implicit blind spots on a personal and organizational scale
- Evaluate how companies fair when they ignore diversity blind spots
- Evaluate the subconscious drivers that lead to ethical breakdowns
- Create a road map to keep blind spots in check to minimize the opportunity for ethical lapses
- Remember the ABCs (Awareness, Breath, Choices/Consequences)
- Evaluate ways to move from survive to thrive mindset
- Understand how reliance on the subconscious can lead to ineffective or unethical decision-making
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Hours: 33 Minutes
Versions Available: Standard HD SCORM, reseller HTML
Teacher: Rebecca Heiss Learner: Chuck Gallagher
Produced by: Bigger Brains
Sample Course Video