Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
Brain Bites: Organizing Your Files
How To Stop Wasting Up To Two Hours Per Day Looking For Information
On average office workers spend one to two hours per day looking for information. Having an organized, searchable file and folder structure makes everyone more efficient –and this course will show you how to do it
Brain Bites micro-learning courses are information-rich and convey important topics with an engaging mix of video and animation. With 5 minute video lessons and 30-minute-or-less courses, Brain Bites are the perfect tool to educate today’s busy workforce.
About Brain Bites mini-courses: Brain Bites courses are designed to be fast paced, information-rich courses which use a combination of video and animation to convey important business topics quickly and effectively, in five-minute micro-learning lessons.
Written by highly experienced subject matter experts and presented in a two-person video-based style, Brain Bites courses are the perfect way to educate today’s busy workforce.
What You'll Learn
Topics covered include:
- Common mistakes people make in naming their electronic files
- The role of file names and folder structure in searching and browsing
- Recommendations on the best use of local, network, and cloud-based storage drives, and the pros and cons of saving to each
- Six rules to help name files appropriately
- Four rules to use folders effectively
- Using the search function on Windows PCs and Macs effectively
- Customizing the Quick Access list on a PC or the Favorites list on a Mac
- Using advanced search features to help clean up your filing system
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Sample Course Video