Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
Brain Bites – Writing Effective Emails
Send emails that are read, understood, and acted on
Target Audience: Anyone who sends and receives email at work.
Presenters: Savvy Thompson and Luco Pierre
By the end of this course, you will be able to identify ways to write better and fewer emails, as well as ensure your emails are read, understood, and acted on.
• Decide when it’s best to write an email versus using another form of communication, and explain how the increase in email usage has led to too many emails.
• Ensure your emails are professional by paying attention to six best practices like reviewing before sending and writing an informative subject line.
• Write clear emails by identifying your purpose and checking that your email supports that purpose.
• Write concise emails with clearly communicated key points and no extra information.
• Write complete emails using six questions that will ensure your email includes all necessary information.
• Write correct emails using four steps to identify and fix common mistakes.
Let’s face it, email is a fact of life. The average employee in the US receives 125 emails per day. The majority of professionals say email creates tension, confusion, and other negative consequences in their busy work days. This course will help you to be part of the solution by identifying ways to write better and fewer emails, that will also ensure your emails are read, understood, and acted on.
Topics covered include:
• Determining when to send an email, and when to use another form of communication
• Writing professional emails with six best practices
• Listing the 4 Cs of good writing: Clear, Concise, Complete, and Correct
• Identifying your purpose and checking that your email supports that purpose
• Removing extra information
• Ensure your email includes all necessary information
• Identifying and fixing common mistakes
Brain Bites micro-learning courses are information-rich and convey important topics with an engaging mix of video and animation. With 5-minute video lessons and 30-minute-or-less courses, Brain Bites are the perfect tool to educate today’s busy workforce.
What You'll Learn
01: When to write an email (4:11)
02: Email best practices (4:10)
03: Writing clear emails (3:54)
04: Writing concise emails (2:59)
05: Writing complete emails (3:55)
06: Writing correct emails (4:09)
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Lessons : 6
Seat Time : 24 Minutes
Versions Available : SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC, xAPI, MP4, reseller HTML
Produced by : Bigger Brains
Sample Course Video