Get It Done: Managing Emails
Learn How To Tame Your Inbox With Microsoft Outlook So Email Becomes A Productive Tool, Not A Stressful Chore
Teacher : Chip Reaves Learner : Jason Farr
Take Control Of Your Inbox!
For many people email is a source of stress, when it really should be a valuable productivity tool. In this course we’ll show you how to combine email best practices with the tools in Microsoft Outlook in order to effectively manage your email.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the problems with Email Hoarders and Email Deleters
- Striving for Inbox Zero
- Creating an appropriate strategy for Folders and Categories
- Managing the Three Excuses that keep us from organizing our inbox
- Building to-do lists with Flags
- Using Rules to automatically sort your email
- Delegating access to your email folders
- Techniques for sorting and filing your overloaded inbox
Taught by 25-year IT veteran and Microsoft Silver partner Chip Reaves, Get It Done – Managing Email is designed for anyone from beginners to experts who want to manage their email more efficiently.
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Describe the three components of good email management
- Demonstrate how to use folders and categories to organize emails
- Discuss the use of Rules, Junk Folder, and Delegate Access in managing email
About Get It Done courses: Get It Done courses are task-based training courses developed by Bigger Brains. Each course focuses on a common business task such as managing email, organizing files, or sharing calendars, and provides recommended tools, techniques, and best practices to “get it done”.
Note: This course uses some tools and techniques specific to Microsoft Outlook, and is not recommended for people who use a different email solution.
What You'll Learn
01: Introduction (5:53)
02: Folders and Categories (10:43)
03: The Three Excuses (7:51)
04: Junk, Clutter (Focused), and Rules (9:51)
05: Delegate Access (4:27)
06: The Big CleanUp (10:12)
Lessons : 6
Seat Time : 49 Minutes
Produced by : Bigger Brains