Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
Intro to HIPAA
Learn The Essentials Of HIPAA and HIPAA Compliance
3 Unique Courses Outline The Essentials of HIPAA for Covered Entities, Business Associates, and IT Service Providers
HIPAA — the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act — has been around since 1996 and applies to any organization that deals with protected health information. This set of Intro courses cover the important elements of HIPAA and the later HITECH Act, so that health care workers and their business associates know what they need to be doing to protect patient privacy and keep their organization out of legal troubles.
The Risk Of Non-Compliance: Public Embarrassment, Patient Lawsuits, and Fines of $50k to $4 Million and More
As the use of technology increases, and as HHS steps up the enforcement of patient privacy protections, its’ more critical than ever that everyone understand their roles and responsibilities under HIPAA.
If You Work For Or Provide Services To Health Care Or Insurance Organization, This Course Is Critical!
What You'll Learn
What’s included in this course:
- The History of HIPAA & HIPAA Enforcement, including the 2013 Changes
- The Three Major Rules: Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification
- The Three Types of Safeguards And How They Apply
- Real World Examples of HIPAA Situations & Outcomes
There are three distinct versions of this course:
- Intro to HIPAA for Covered Entities (CEs) – the Organizations Who Work Directly With Protected Information
- Intro to HIPAA for Business Associates (BAs) – for Those Who Provide Services To CEs Such As Telephone Answering, Transcription, Billing, IT Support, or Marketing
- Intro to HIPAA for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) – an Extended Version of our BA Course With Specific Guidance For IT Support Providers
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Hours: 3 hours
Sample Course Video