Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
New Manager Starter Kit
Best Practices of Exemplary Leadership
Teachers : Carla Turner & Alexa Botelho
SO, YOU’RE A MANAGER NOW?
Making the jump from employee to manager is both exciting and challenging. The skills that got you the job aren’t the same skills that will help you succeed in management. It’s time to focus on developing the skills to communicate as a leader and to influence and coordinate employees in a way that empowers and motivates them.
This course follows the story of new manager, Aaron, as he learns to lead in way that brings his team together to accomplish their goals. The New Manager Starter Kit gathers the best of the best practices for leadership skills, power, and goal setting. Are you ready to be an exemplary leader?
With eight Lessons that include both instruction and vignettes, students will watch as Aaron faces the challenges of going from team member to manager. He must learn to lead by example, work together with his employees to set goals, and enable his team to succeed. How will the team deal with inventory problems and relationship issues with vendors? Will Aaron, Tish, Randall, and Keith come together to create a team in which they all feel valued?
Course includes 50 minutes of high-quality HD content in the “Uniquely Engaging”TM Bigger Brains style, plus a handout, optional assessments, and post-training knowledge boosters.
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Explain the differences between Technical skills, Human skills, and Conceptual skills
- Provide examples of why the balance of skill usage changes as a person moves up the career ladder
- Explain the purpose behind the vision and mission of your company or department
- Set SMART goals that align with the organization’s vision and mission
- Compare and contrast the traits of leaders using Positional Power vs. Personal Power
- Identify behaviors that provide good examples for employees to follow
- Create goals for increasing trust using the Transactional Trust Model
- Recognize and identify how personal values affect decisions and actions in the workplace
- Explain how different perspectives bring value
- Create methods for discovering others’ perspectives
- Create connections from personal values to a manager’s SMART goals
- Explain the need to challenge a process even if it appears to be working well
- Explain the difference between a problem as understood and a problem as it truly is
- Apply the 5 Whys to identify the root cause of a problem
- Identify types of decision-making criteria applied to a specific problem
- List resources and activities that aid employees to perform their jobs
- Explain when training may be a better approach than direction
- Compare and contrast reinforcement and feedback
- Explain the 4:1 ratio and explore ways to apply it in the work environment
What You'll Learn
01: Exploring the New Manager Skill Set (4:58)
02: Setting SMART Goals (7:56)
03: Understanding Leadership and Power (5:02)
04: Five Best Practices: Model the Way (6:05)
05: Five Best Practices: Inspire a Shared Vision (5:36)
06: Five Best Practices: Challenge the Process (7:11)
07: Five Best Practices: Enable Others to Act (4:32)
08: Five Best Practices: Encourage the Heart (7:41)
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Also available from these partners:
Lessons : 8
Seat Time : 50 Minutes + 15 Minutes Assessment Time
Versions Available : Standard HD SCORM, Low-Res SCORM, reseller HTML, Vimeo embed
Produced by : Bigger Brains
Sample Course Video