Office 365 Groups Essentials
The Essential Guide to Team Collaboration with Microsoft’s Social Productivity Solution
Teacher : Chip Reaves Learner : Ben Burris
Learn How Office 365’s Powerful New Groups Feature Help Your Team Talk, Plan, And Collaborate
Microsoft Office has no shortage of ways for groups to work together. From simple spreadsheet sharing to social media tools like Yammer and Delve and collaboration platforms like SharePoint, Microsoft has provided plenty of tools to help people work as a team.
One of the newest tools is also the most powerful: Office 365 Groups. The Groups feature is built into Microsoft Outlook, the Office 365 web interface, and its own Groups mobile app.
Anyone can create their own Group or join an existing one. Inside they’ll find a a shared conversations area, shared calendar, and a shared Notebook. Groups integrate with users’ existing email, calendars, and OneDrive, and with special Connectors any Office 365 group can integrate with other cloud platforms such as Twitter, Bing News, GitHub, ZenDesk, and many more.
Getting up to speed on all the power that Groups has to offer is critical to leveraging Groups properly within any organization, so in this course we demonstrate:
- How to access Groups through Outlook and the Outlook Web App
- Using the Scheduling Assistant to find convenient meeting times for all Group members
- Sharing files with the Group via web, email, and OneDrive
- Accessing the Group Notebook from the web or OneNote
- Leveraging Connectors to add information from outside sources
- Managing and securing your Office 365 Group
- Using the Groups mobile app to stay in touch
Office 365 Groups Essentials from Bigger Brains is the first eLearning course to cover the new Groups feature, and is also a part of the Mastering Office 365 course. For additional features related to Groups also check out Office 365 Planner Essentials, also from Bigger Brains.
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Describe how to access Groups through Outlook and the Outlook Web App
- Use the Scheduling Assistant to find convenient meeting times for all Group members
- Share files with the Group via web, email, and OneDrive
- Access the Group Notebook from the web or OneNote
- Discuss how to use Connectors to add information from outside sources
What You'll Learn
01: Introduction to Groups (10:13)
02: Calendar and Conversations (12:23)
03: Group File Sharing and Notebook (11:42)
04: Group Connectors (6:37)
05: Managing Groups (13:28)
06: Groups Mobile App (4:13)
Lessons : 6
Seat Time : 60 Hours
Produced by : Bigger Brains