SharePoint For Site Owners
Learn to Create and Manage Your Team’s SharePoint Site in Less than 90 Minutes
Teacher : Kat Snizaski Student : Chip Reaves
Now more than ever, SharePoint is a powerful and user-friendly tool for creating a common place where your team can share documents, collect data, and collaborate. In this course, you’ll quickly learn how to create your own site and invite your team members.
SharePoint expert, Kat Snizaski, walks you step-by-step through creating a parent site and adding subsites for multiple teams. You’ll learn how to create and manage document libraries and custom lists that enable collaboration. You’ll also learn how to assign user permissions and get your team rolling on their new collaboration platform!
If you’re ready to stop emailing files back and forth, ending up with 20 different versions of an Excel file on 20 different computers, and never knowing, “What’s the latest version?”, this course is for you.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Creating a New Site
- Navigating to a Site
- Creating a Subsite
- Adding a Document Library
- Versioning and Checkout
- Adding Alerts
- Creating a Custom List
- Creating a Lookup Field
- Adding an Excel File as a List
- Editing the Home Page
- Customizing the Look and Feel
- Customizing the Quick Launch Bar
- Assigning Permissions
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Create a SharePoint site.
- Create subsites to make it easy for members of different teams to quickly access the information important to them.
- Add a document library to your SharePoint site for your team to share, modify, and track shared documents of all file types.
- Manage version control within your document library; enable users to manage multiple versions and avoid conflicts.
- Guide your team in setting up customized alerts for changes in SharePoint that are important to their work.
- Design a custom list in SharePoint where your team can track and manage shared data records.
- Guide your team in importing Excel files that are shared among the group into a SharePoint list for easier management and collaboration.
- Customize your site for branding and to make it easy for your users to quickly get to the information they need.
- Assign user permissions at both the site and item levels.
What You'll Learn
Section 01: Introduction
01: Introduction (2:47)
Section 02: Sites
02: Creating a New Site (9:29)
03: Navigating to a Site (2:54)
04: Creating a Subsite (6:48)
Section 03: Libraries
05: Adding a Document Library (6:09)
06: Versioning and Checkout (10:03)
07: Adding Alerts (4:40)
Section 04: Lists
08: Creating a Custom List (11:11)
09: Creating a Lookup Field (4:50)
10: Adding an Excel File as a List (5:21)
Section 05: Site Settings
11: Editing the Home Page (4:31)
12: Customizing the Look and Feel (2:57)
13: Customizing the Quick Launch Bar (4:31)
Section 06: Permissions
14: Assigning Permissions (4:06)
Lessons : 14
Seat Time : 80 Minutes
Produced by : Bigger Brains