Delegation and Task Management
Teacher : Alexandria Bagwell Learner : Chioki Jones
YOU CAN’T DO IT ALL! It’s time to delegate.
Delegation is perhaps the most important skill for a manager of people to learn and master. You can’t do everything yourself, and you’ll go crazy if you try! At the same time, delegation is challenging and it takes both commitment and an investment of time to get it right. The good news is, once you start delegating well, you’ll be surrounding yourself with capable and empowered team members.
This course follows the story of child prodigy, Brianca, and “Play All Day”, the toy company she started with children like herself. Brianca learns quickly that the only way to accomplish her goals is to delegate well to those around her. Watch and learn as the “Play All Day” team grows together into a high-functioning team where each member feels valued and important.
This course has six Lessons that include both instruction and vignettes, plus a bonus Lesson on task management tools to help you keep track of your team’s work. By the end of this course, you’ll be inspired to go forth and delegate!
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Define delegation and discuss how it benefits an organization.
- Describe the qualities needed for successful delegation.
- Explain why some managers do not delegate well.
- Discuss the first step to effective delegation and learn to assess personnel.
- Identify steps to broaden your knowledge and skills.
- Recognize good communication behaviors with your team.
- Identify ways to seek cooperation for effective delegation.
- Discuss the importance of establishing goals and expectations when delegating tasks.
- Explain the importance of monitoring and supporting your team after delegating.
Course includes 30 minutes of high-quality HD content in the “Uniquely Engaging”TM Bigger Brains style, plus a handout, optional assessments, and post-training knowledge boosters.
What You'll Learn
01: Understanding Delegation (3:53)
02: Qualities of a Good Delegator (3:47)
03: Developing a Plan (3:42)
04: Honing Your Skills (3:50)
05: Seeking Cooperation (4:16)
06: Enabling Your Team (4:18)
07: Task Management Tools (6:38)
Lessons : 7
Seat Time : 30 Minutes + 15 Minutes of Assessments
Produced by : Bigger Brains