Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
Think Before You Click (Cybersecurity)
Learn How To Protect Your PC – And Yourself!
Teacher : Ken Dwight Learner : Lisa Lopez
Is it real or is it a trap? Learn how to protect yourself from cybercriminals!
Hundreds of times per day, cybercriminals are attempting to access your computer or your data, often by tricking you with fake emails, fake links, or even fake phone calls and voicemails. How do you know what’s real and what you should avoid?
In this course, IT security expert Ken Dwight, aka “The Virus Doctor” will walk you through the world of cybersecurity, including all the attacks, techniques, and strategies the bad guys use everyday to try and make us click without thinking.
Along with Microsoft trainer Lisa Lopez, Ken will cover the critical topics everyone needs to know, including:
- The types of attacks all users face every day
- The threats posed by Phishing, Spear-Phishing, Spyware, Ransomware, Sextortion, and more
- What the criminals hope to gain by attacking you and your devices
- The ways you can protect yourself and your computer
- The characteristics of a strong password
- The best backup strategies to protect your data from ransomware attacks
- The social engineering techniques that criminals use to prey on your emotions so you let your guard down and allow them into your computer or accounts
With real life examples culled from over 20 years in IT security, “The Virus Doctor” will teach all you need to know in this engaging, effective eLearning course!
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Describe the threats from cybercriminals which target your devices and yourself
- Define cybersecurity terms including phishing, vishing, ransomware, sextortion, social engineering, and botnets
- List benefits cybercriminals hope to achieve by attacking people and devices
- Describe the role played by hardware, software, priviliege level, and updates in protecting your computer
- Identify at least three characteristics of a “strong” password
- Explain the 3-2-1 backup strategy and how it protects from ransomware
- List at least three ways criminals hope to get access to your computer
- Discuss the role of clickbait and social engineering in cybersecurity attacks
What You'll Learn
01: Introduction (2:18)
02: Types of Threats (9:13)
03: Protecting Your Computer (7:28)
04: Strong Password (6:26)
05: Social Engineering (2:52)
06: Backups (3:34)
07: Clickbait (6:13)
08: Protecting Yourself (11:32)
09: Red Flags (6:22)
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Also available from these partners:
Seat Time : 55 Minutes
Versions Available : Standard HD SCORM, reseller HTML
Produced by : Bigger Brains
Sample Course Video