Time Management Basics
Take Control of How You Spend Your Time
Teachers : Barbara Evers & Christina Tankersley
You can improve the way you use time. You can avoid patterns and habits that make it difficult for you to get things done. Benjamin Franklin said, “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.”
Stop Allowing Outside Influences To Control Your Decisions!
Have you ever wondered what sets truly successful people apart from the crowd? Study the lives of high achievers everywhere and you will recognize one common characteristic: they make good use of their time. If you think you are too busy to take this course, you probably need it most. That’s because time is one of the few things that is equal for everyone: there are 24 hours in a day, and how you use them makes all the difference.
Learn To Get Stuff Done
Do you complete tasks at the last minute? Do you often ask for extensions? Do you think you don’t have time to get everything done? Then this course is for you.
Take Control Of Your Life
- Stop being perceived as flaky, unreliable, consistently inconsistent
- Appropriately manage expectations – set yourself up to succeed
- Take control of your life by managing interruptions
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Audit how you currently spend your time and identify areas for improvement.
- Set SMART goals and evaluate goals against the SMART criteria.
- Say “No” gracefully and effectively so you can stay focused on your goals.
- Describe a five-step process for effectively delegating the right tasks to the right people.
- Implement multiple techniques for minimizing interruptions.
- Keep meetings moving by sending an agenda ahead of time and using a parking lot during the meeting.
- Determine how to handle seven different disruptive personality types to keep meetings on track.
- Describe the importance of email folders and list four recommended folders everyone needs to help them declutter.
What You'll Learn
What You’ll Learn:
Section 01: Getting Started
01: Introduction (3:58)
02: Conducting a Time Audit (5:22)
03: Setting SMART Goals (6:17)
Section 02: Owning Your Time
04: Saying “No” Without Guilt (5:06)
05: Setting Priorities (6:05)
06: Multitasking (6:58)
07: Overcoming Procrastination (5:27)
08: Delegating the Right Tasks (6:09)
Section 03: Clearing The Way
09: Handling Interruptions (6:28)
10: Conducting Effective Meetings (4:18)
11: Handling Disruptive Attendees (9:02)
12: Decluttering Your Email (6:15)
Lessons : 12
Seat Time : 71 Hours
Produced by : Bigger Brains