Windows 8.1 Essentials
How To Unlock The Power Of The Windows 8 Operating System
Teacher : Chip Reaves Learner : Andy Offutt Irwin
This Course Is For People New To Windows 8 – Taking This Course Will Help You Understand The New Operating System Navigation, Advantages, And Functionality
When Microsoft released Windows 8 they surprised a lot of PC owners. The interface and basic functionality were different from any previous Windows operating system. In fact, Windows 8 represents the biggest change in the Windows operating system since Windows 95.
Take Advantage of Windows 8 Functionality Across Multiple Formats: On the plus side, Windows 8 is faster, prettier, and very easy to operate for most tasks. It’s also consistent across desktop computers, tablets, and even Windows phones.
Tackle Common Windows 8 Issues: many people need some orientation with Windows 8 because the familiar Start button and Control Panel are gone (or hidden) and users must learn a whole new way of navigating through the Windows environment.
Roll Up Your Sleeves And Maximize The Benefits — This Course Helps You Avoid Sitting On the New Operating System Sidelines
New users of Windows 8 may ask, “Do the new benefits outweigh the concerns of the new look and navigation?” Take our Windows 8 course to learn more about this brand new version of Windows and how you can use it most effectively, including:
- Navigating and Customizing the Start Pane
- Finding the hidden Control Panel to tweak settings
- Using the mouse or touch-screen to navigate between programs
- How to troubleshoot program and printer issues
- Tips and Tweaks on over 50 new Windows features!
- Over 1 hour of high quality HD content in the engaging Bigger Brains Teacher/Learner style!
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Describe how to use the new Start Screen
- Apply touch enabled features on Windows 8
- Duplicate mouse commands to navigate through Windows 8 more effectively
What You'll Learn
01: Introduction (5:36)
02: The Basics, Part 1 (8:37)
03: The Basics, with Touch (10:17)
04: Charms (9:58)
05: Getting Connected (7:05)
06: Common Settings (6:33)
07: Getting Organized (14:20)
08: Using Snap (6:04)
09: Windows Apps (11:52)
10: Tips, Tweaks, & Gotchas (9:10)
11: Security & Backup (4:34)
Lessons : 11
Seat Time : 90 Minutes
Produced by : Bigger Brains