Discounts for 3+ Users
Do you need more information about group pricing for our training courses?
ANY SIZE/ANY INDUSTRY (Businesses, Non-Profits, Academic Institutions)
Writing In Plain Language
Write emails and documents that are read, understood, and acted on.
Course Goal: By the end of this course, you will be able to use plain writing techniques to communicate more effectively.
Target Audience: Anyone who wants to better their written communication skills at work or home.
We are overwhelmed with information today—in both our personal and business lives. Sometimes it’s better to get straight to the point, in a way that doesn’t waste your reader’s time yet doesn’t compromise your professionalism either. This course teaches you how to use plain language to address your reader’s needs.
What do they really need to know?
What do you want them to do?
We’ll teach you how to think about your reader’s purpose and how to write for them so they get the right message.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding state-specific literacy
- Organizing your content
- Writing short sentences and paragraphs
- Choosing your words wisely
- Formatting appropriately
- Using bulleted lists the right way
What You'll Learn
Here’s what you’ll learn:
– Introduction (9:21)
– Organizing your content (6:34)
– Writing shorter sentences (8:23)
– Using the readability tool (6:59)
– Using active voice (6:07)
– Choosing your words (4:38)
Writing For Business
– Writing plain for business (2:31)
– Using your audience’s language (8:31)
– Using emphasis (3:51)
– Writing shorter paragraphs (4:28)
– Using bulleted lists (6:30)
– Practicing (7:25)
This course is included in the Bigger-Brains online subscription for individuals or organizations, or can be purchased in SCORM format for use in your own LMS (Learning Management System)
Length: 75 minutes
Versions Available: Standard HD SCORM, reseller HTML
Teacher: Rebecca Schwartz Learner: Jamie Gillenwater
Produced by: Bigger Brains
Sample Course Video
Video will be uploaded soon!